The top ten best Irish hangover cures for New Years Day
These tried-and-true tips will help send you into 2013 right
It is the dreaded holiday hangover time. Your head is spinning, your mouth is dry and your body feels like you have gone a round with Mike Tyson. Not quite how you were planning to kick-off 2013.
With the holiday season in full swing, and levels of excess at an all time high, we have come up with our top five Irish hangover cures that are guaranteed to take the edge off the pain.
Two raw eggs for breakfast -- two more for lunch. Sworn to be successful by some major drink hards who claim the eggs neutralize the ethanol, also known as alcohol, in your system.
Two Advil every four hours
Stands to reason that getting rid of the pounding headache is the first priority. Advil does that so simple right? Well, maybe, if not, try Tylenol.
Buckets of it to rehydrate yourself, alcohol dries up the system so the only way is to swallow water by the gallon. Some claim drinking it the night before, before you fall asleep, works even better .
Sweat the alcohol out, but be careful because you need to keep rehydrated. Besides who has a sauna?
Polish peoples swear by them, something to do with high energy food. I don’t know but the Poles sure know how to drink their vodka so they may have a secret or two.
Full Irish Breakfast
Nothing like a full Irish breakfast to get you back on the road to recovery. Normally eating something can help reduce the effects of alcohol excess and this is especially true when it comes to an Irish breakfast. Go the full hog with bacon, sausages, black and white pudding, mushrooms, fried tomato, fried eggs, soda bread, spud bread, baked beans and lashings of tea.
If you don’t die of a heart attack your hangover will be cured.
Swim in the Atlantic
Nothing like a dip in the sub-zero Atlantic to banish the hangover blues. It may seem like an insane idea, but the shock to your system of running into the cold water will instantly refresh your mind and body. Please ensure you are fully sober when trying this out and always have a flask of hot tea on hand for when you exit. If this seems too extreme then a walk in the fresh air will also help.
Vats of Tea with friends
There are few things in Ireland that cannot be cured with a cup of tea. When that hangover feeling sets in, throw on the kettle, get the teapot ready and find your largest mug. If lucky enough to still be in the company of friends, the ultimate cure involves sitting around for a post mortem of the previous night’s events, sipping hot cups of Irish tea. Ah delicious.
Duvet day complete with favorite films
If your hangover is particularly intense then abandon all hope of leaving the house and just stay in bed for the day. Getting your laptop geared up, order some food in perhaps and just relax in the comfort of your home. Leaving the house today is not an option.
The Cure- hair of the dog
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Second Scranton Celtic Festival to build on fun and success with great acts and activities...
- New Irish festival GaelFest to showcase music, dance, sports, arts and literature...
- My top ten favorite Irish foods in most of Ireland's grocery stores - from Tayto crisps to...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Do the Irish speak a foreign language?
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...
- U2’s Bono spills on American politicians...