Irish recipe for St. Patrick’s Day - Baileys Irish cream frozen soufflé
Wow your guests on St. Patrick’s Day with this spectacular recipe from a top Irish chef
-Makes 6 portions
3 egg whites
2 oz. sugar
3 egg yolks
2 oz. sugar
1 ¼ cups whipping cream
¼ cup Bailey Irish Cream
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
Whisk egg whites and sugar to stiff peaks
Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl over warm water until they become creamy and attain a light yellow color
Whisk the cream to soft peaks
Add the Baileys to the egg yolks
Fold in the egg whites to the yolks
Fold in the whipped cream
Pour mixture into a mold - a coffee cup or ramequin
If using a ramquin (like in the picture) wrap it with parchment paper before filling.
Brush the paper with butter and it will stick to the porcelain.
Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours
To serve, remove the parchment paper and dust with cocoa powder
For a different presentation, remove some soufflé with a small spoon or scoop and pour in some Bailey’s Irish Cream
Master Chef Brendan Cronin – the only Irish chef to attain the prestigious Swiss culinary title of ‘Chef de Cuisine Diplomé’, Swiss Master Chef – takes us on a global journey of gastronomic delight from his childhood on a small dairy farm in the West of Ireland, to cooking in great hotels in Limerick, Dublin and onward to the beckoning and beautiful Swiss Alps, Africa, and The Far East.
His book “Cheffin' - from potatoes to caviar” is available on Amazon.
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Second Scranton Celtic Festival to build on fun and success with great acts and activities...
- New Irish festival GaelFest to showcase music, dance, sports, arts and literature...
- My top ten favorite Irish foods in most of Ireland's grocery stores - from Tayto crisps to...
- Results of the Ulster Finals of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2013 - top Northern Ireland ea...
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...