Gilligan's Gourmet: Twinkie-misu
It has become an American Icon; even president Clinton put one in a time capsule.
They remain as Hostess best selling snack cake producing half a billion a year!
Serves about 10.
Box Hostess Twinkies
½ cup strong coffee, cooled & sweetened
¼ cup Kahlua
½ gallon coffee or coffee & chocolate ice cream
Chocolate shavings or sprinkles
Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise.
Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
Put five Twinkie halves, cream side up, side by side in pan.
Mix coffee and Kahlua; with pastry brush, apply liberally to cut side of Twinkies.
Spoon about a ½ inch layer of softened ice cream over Twinkies.
Repeat until you have used enough Twinkies & ice cream to fill the loaf pan.
Cover tightly with foil and freeze several hours or overnight. This can be served from the pan in slices or unmolded, garnished with the chocolate and served.
A 14-year-old girl walks into a hairdresser's shop with a Twinkie in her hand. She sits on the seat and the barber puts the plastic cover on her. As he is cutting her hair, she takes out her Twinkie and starts to eat it, not realizing that her cut hair is falling on her Twinkie. The hairdresser, being polite, looks down at her, smiles playfully, and says, ''Young lady, did you know that you're getting hair on your Twinkie?''
She smiles back, and says, ''Yes, I know...I'm growing boobs too!''
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...