Gilligan's Gourmet: Twinkie-misu
It has become an American Icon; even president Clinton put one in a time capsule.
They remain as Hostess best selling snack cake producing half a billion a year!
Serves about 10.
Box Hostess Twinkies
½ cup strong coffee, cooled & sweetened
¼ cup Kahlua
½ gallon coffee or coffee & chocolate ice cream
Chocolate shavings or sprinkles
Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise.
Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
Put five Twinkie halves, cream side up, side by side in pan.
Mix coffee and Kahlua; with pastry brush, apply liberally to cut side of Twinkies.
Spoon about a ½ inch layer of softened ice cream over Twinkies.
Repeat until you have used enough Twinkies & ice cream to fill the loaf pan.
Cover tightly with foil and freeze several hours or overnight. This can be served from the pan in slices or unmolded, garnished with the chocolate and served.
A 14-year-old girl walks into a hairdresser's shop with a Twinkie in her hand. She sits on the seat and the barber puts the plastic cover on her. As he is cutting her hair, she takes out her Twinkie and starts to eat it, not realizing that her cut hair is falling on her Twinkie. The hairdresser, being polite, looks down at her, smiles playfully, and says, ''Young lady, did you know that you're getting hair on your Twinkie?''
She smiles back, and says, ''Yes, I know...I'm growing boobs too!''
- A variation on the traditional Irish Christmas Cake recipe ...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse...
- Hearty and warming Irish beef and onion pie recipe...
- Top ten best Irish food and drink treats for the Christmas season...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas