Yet another racist cocktail - you’ll never guess what’s in an Irish trash can cocktail
Another St. Patrick’s day classic or a flagrant derogatory gimmick directed at the Irish - VIDEO
You would imagine that after the outcry within the Irish community over the “Irish car bomb” cocktail and stereotypical and insulting products released over the St Patrick’s Day period that people would have more sense than to come up with yet another cocktail with an offensive name.
“The Irish Trash Can” is yet another liquor fuelled ridiculous drink, described by the Everyday Drinkers blog as “ridiculous”. It contains rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, peach Schnapps, Curacao and a full can of Rell Bull.
Another site, HamptonRoadsHappyHour.com, explains, “The Irish in the name simply comes from the fact that it turns green. The trash can part refers to all of the different things in it, and because it has a can sticking out of the top…We hope you enjoy our recipe for this St. Patrick's Day classic, the Irish Trash Can!”
Whether it’s the color of the drink, or the reference to the Irish people’s drinking habits, it’s hard to think of another nation whose national holiday is hijacked more often than the Irish.
Earlier this year, Sean Boyle from the Ancient Order of the Hibernians (AOH) told IrishCentral that this type of defamation needs to be stopped.
Also Tim Wilson and John J. Ragen, the chairmen of the Irish Anti-Defamation Federation told IrishCentral, “The Irish community is fed up nationwide. No other nationality sees the flagrant racist comments, and derogatory shirts, TV, commercials, and sales gimmicks by restaurants or bars like the Irish do.”
Do you agree? Let us know by taking part in our poll (see right).
Here’s the recipe for the cocktail:
.5 oz. Light Rum
.5 oz. Gin
.5 oz. Vodka
.5 oz Triple Sec
.5 oz. Peach Schnapps
.5 oz. Blue Curacao
(1) 8 oz. can of Red Bull
1 flexible straw
Fill your glass about 3/4 full of ice
Pour in the six liquors and stir well
Open the can of Red Bull, flip it over so that it's resting on the ice, and insert the straw
It will slowly seep down as you drink from your straw
Here’s a video preparing people for St. Patrick’s Day with a “how to guide” to the Irish Trash Can:
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Second Scranton Celtic Festival to build on fun and success with great acts and activities...
- New Irish festival GaelFest to showcase music, dance, sports, arts and literature...
- My top ten favorite Irish foods in most of Ireland's grocery stores - from Tayto crisps to...
- Results of the Ulster Finals of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2013 - top Northern Ireland ea...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...