Baileys Original Irish Cream can help make the perfect Irish cream pumpkin pie. Thanks to the folks at Celebrations.com for the recipe.
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
* 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled cut into pieces
* 4 eggs
* 2 tablespoons cold water
* 1 1/2 Cup canned pumpkin pulp
* 3/4 Cup brown sugar
* 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 Cup heavy cream
* 1/4 Cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
* Place flour, powdered sugar, and butter in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Beat together 1 egg and water. Add to flour and process until mixture forms a ball. Form a flat disk from the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
* Roll out dough into a 12-inch circle on a heavily floured surface. Transfer dough circle to a 10-inch pie tin. Trim and crimp the edges of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
* Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Beat pumpkin and remaining eggs in a medium bowl creamy. Beat in brown sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Add cream and Baileys and beat until thoroughly combined. Pour pumpkin mixture into piecrust.
* Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted off-center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
* Cut into wedges and serve. Store for up to 3 days covered in the refrigerator.
* Note: If piecrust edges become too brown during baking, cover with aluminum foil.
Originally published Nov 2010