Get Thanksgiving started the right way with delicious Pumpkin Pancakes
Of course the turkey, stuffing, potatoes and pumpkin pie are the main act of the day but that’s not to say that there can’t be some delicious supporting acts early on in the day to get the family going.
There’s nothing worse than been hungry while preparing the families most delicious meal of the year so pumpkin pancakes are a great way to remedy this predicament, as well as being delicious.
Also kids in the family will love decorating the pancakes with candy, banana slices, raisins or chopped nuts. Also a cunning way to keep them entertained while you go to see to the main act and star of the show.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
In a separate bowl, lightly beat together the milk, egg, pumpkin, and oil.
Stir flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, blending just until moistened.
Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium high heat.
Pour batter, 1/3 cup at a time, onto the prepared griddle.
Add chocolate chips in desired pattern (the kids names, Happy Thanksgiving etc).
Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. About five minutes per side.
Originally published November 17, 2010
- Delicious Christmas recipe for a chocolate Yule log, the Bûche de Noël...
- A variation on the traditional Irish Christmas Cake recipe ...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse...
- Hearty and warming Irish beef and onion pie recipe...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...