George Clooney to produce new film with Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep as leads
‘August: Osage County’ to begin filming this year
George Clooney has recently been added to the film adaptation of ‘August: Osage County.’ Clooney will join Grant Heslov to produce the film, which is being directed by John Wells and financed and distributed by The Weinstein Co.
Clooney will be joining other Hollywood A-Listers Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts who will be playing mother and daughter in the film adaptation of the play that won 5 Tonys.
The Miami Herald describes the play as “the darkly funny story of a family of estranged women forced to come together in their Midwestern home when a crisis occurs.”
The LA Times writes how this isn’t Clooney’s first go at a stage-to-film adaptation. Last year he starred alongside Ryan Gosling in the film adaptation of ‘The Ides of March.’
Filming for ‘August: Osage County’ is set to begin later this year.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas