Colin Farrell bewitched by Alicja Bachleda in first 'Ondine' trailer
The first trailer for Colin Farrell’s new movie “Ondine” is on Youtube, and it shows the story of Farrell’s fall for the woman who is now the wife of his second child, Alicja Bachleda.
“Once upon a time,” Farrell's character, Syracuse recounts in the trailer, “there was a fisherman …” telling his young daughter how he caught the mermaid Ondine in his nets.
The trailer shows sweeping images of Castletownbere in County Cork, Ireland, where the movie was filmed. Farrell steals women’s clothes for Ondine and confesses to a priest (Stephen Rea), before gradually falling in love. Ondine sings to the fish, and brings him luck by increasing his catch; then she seduces him.
“How long are you staying?” Farrell asks her, “That depends on you,” she says.
“If it depends on me you can stay forever,” he replies in a thick rural Irish accent.
But it’s not that simple, and the trailer takes us through watery adventures as Farrell (it appears) ultimately loses his love. I hope that won’t spoil it for you.
The film is directed by Neil Jordan, whose other credits include “The Crying Game” and “Interview with a Vampire.”
Writing on The Playlist website, movie critic Alex Billington said, “The film itself is very sweet and charming and kind of a breath of fresh air to watch.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...