WWE Wrestler Hornswoggle to take the lead in Leprechaun remake -VIDEO
Work is underway on new version of Jennifer Anniston movie
Halloween movie favorite Leprechaun is to be remade – complete with all the stage Irish clichés of the original.
Deadline.com reports that the Lionsgate and WWE Films studios are already working on the new version.
The 1995 cult classic, described as a ‘begorrah horror’ in the report, offered Friends star Jennifer Anniston her movie debut.
WWE wrestler Hornswoggle, no stranger to the wearing of the green according to Deadline, will play the lead role in the new Leprechaun.
Writer Harris Wilkinson is already working on the script with a director yet to be appointed.
Hornswoggle has stated on Twitter that the movie will be released in March of 2013.
The original starred Warwick Davis in the lead role and spawned five sequels with Davis on board.
The sequels were named Leprechaun 2, Leprechaun 3, Leprechaun 4: In Space, Leprechaun: In the Hood and Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood.
Watch the original 'Leprechaun' trailer below
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra