Van 'The Man' Morrison now has Van the son
A new Van Morrison has been born.
Legendary 64-year-old Irish singer Van Morrison says he and manager Gigi Lee welcomed their son George Ivan Morrison III on Monday.
"Little Van, born Dec 28, 2009 — the spitting image of his daddy. He is a dual citizen of Northern Ireland/United Kingdom and the United States," the Website statement added.
A spokesman for Morrison said the couple have kept the birth location private. Asked whether Lee was the wife or girlfriend of the notoriously private Morrison, the spokesman said he could confirm only that Lee was his manager and executive producer of his recent "'Astral Weeks' Live at the Hollywood Bowl" concert DVD.
Morrison, whose 45-year career spans soul, blues, jazz, R&B and country, has a 39-year-old daughter, singer-songwriter Shana Morrison, from his first marriage to Janet "Planet" Minto.
Famed for such tunes as "Gloria" and "Brown Eyed Girl," he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993 but declined to attend the ceremony.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm