'Ugly Betty' cameo role beckons for Susan Boyle
Singer said to be very interested in playing herself on the hit ABC TV series
Though the offers have flooded in from far and wide since her emergence as a global star after coming second on "Britain’s Got Talent," Susan Boyle is said to be very interested in playing herself in a cameo role on the hit ABC TV series “Ugly Betty.”
The show stars America Ferrera as an up-and-coming magazine editor in New York, and also stars Vanessa Williams and Irish American Eric Maibus.
"Susan has been bombarded with offers of work in America, but this is something she is really keen on and we hope to make happen,” said a source close to the singer.
It is believed that TV executives in the U.S. contacted the Scottish singer, whose parents are from Ireland, last month to see if she would be interested in taking part in the show.
Other high profile stars to feature in guest roles on the show in the past include Irish-American actress Lindsay Lohan.
"Susan has many offers on the table. At the moment she is looking forward to recording her album," said a spokesperson for the singer.
Meanwhile, the tension is rising in Dublin as it is only a matter of hours before Boyle is set to take the stage at the O2 Arena on the BGT live tour.
Speculation has mounted whether Boyle will be fit enough to take part or not, and thousands of Irish fans are praying that they will get the chance to see their inspiration at the Point Depot venue this evening.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas