U2 enjoyed top-grossing tour of 2011 worldwide
1.7 million tickets sold in North America alone
The Dublin lads have still got it! After an impressive year of touring worldwide saw ticket sales of 2.39 million helping to boost a total gross of $231.9 million, U2 has claimed the title of top grossing music tour of 2011.
All Access reports that the Irish rockers grossed $156 million in North America alone with the strength of 1.7 million tickets sold, according to Pollstar.
U2 played their part in the tune of a massive $2.1 billion total gross amongst the top 25 touring musical acts worldwide for the year. Right behind U2 in top gross in North America were Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney and Lady Gaga.
All Access goes on to report that while the numbers may be staggering, they haven’t changed that much since 2010. There was a reported 4 percent dive in among the top 25 tours in North America, which together grossed $1.9 billion.
However, the entire concert industry enjoyed a 15 percent increase in ticket sales, despite 20 percent fewer reported shows as compared to 2010, says Billboard.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...