Tristan MacManus voted 'best newcomer' on 'Dancing with the Stars' - VIDEO
Irish dancing star proves to be popular with critics
Irish dancer Tristan MacManus has been named as the “best newcomer” after his first successful season on Dancing With The Stars.
The 29-year-old Bray man was hailed as the "favourite pro" and "best newcomer" by Entertainment Weekly, and popular news website Wetpaint.
The professional ballroom dancer was partnered with CNN anchor Nancy Grace and despite consistent poor scores from the judges, the pair managed to stay into the final stages of the competition.
"Tristan made quite the debut on Season 13, managing to take Nancy Grace all the way to Week Eight while bringing out her funny and even sexy side. Who knew?," Wetpaint remarked.
More stories on Tristan MacManus
More news stories from Ireland on IrishCentral
Tristan MacManus' Twitter fans miss Irish 'DWTS' dancer already
"It became a highlight of our DWTS week to see The Bickersons shout over each other. Just picture Nancy dancing with any other pro and you really appreciate how much warmth, humour, positivity and paaaaaatience Tristan brought to Team MacGrace.
"We can't wait to see more of Tristan and there's no freakin' way he's not coming back for another season. Even if we have to drag him..."
Watch this footage from behind the scenes of DWTS where cast members joke with Tristan about his Irish accent.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...