Top box office earners of 2010
10. “The Karate Kid” (Sony Pictures)
Total gross: $176,591,618
Best quote: “You have taught me very important lesson, Xiao Dre. Life will knock us down, but we can choose whether or not to stand back up.” — Mr. Han (Jackie Chan)
9. “How to Train Your Dragon” (Dreamworks)
Total gross: $217,581,231
Best quote: “This is Berk. It snows nine months out of the year, and hails the other three. What little food grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here, even more so. The only upside are the pets. While other places have ponies, or parrots… we have dragons.” — Hiccup (voiced by Jay Baruchel)
8. “Shrek Forever After” (Dreamworks)
Total gross: $238,395,990
Best quote: “Okay, I know you don’t remember me but we’re married, and at the birthday party with some pigs and a puppet, the villagers and this boy kept saying ‘do the roar! do the roar!’ Then I punched the cake that the pigs ate, and the next thing I knew, my donkey fell in your waffle hole.” — Shrek (voiced by Mike Myers)
7.“Despicable Me” (Universal)
Total gross: $250,588,005
Best quote: "[reading book] “Three little kittens love to play. They had fun in the sun all day. Then their mother came out and said, ‘Time for kittens to go to bed.’[looks up]
Wow, this is garbage. You actually like this?” — Gru (voiced by Steve Carell)
6.“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1”(Warner Bros.)
Total gross: $267,809,000
Best quote: “Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!” — Dobby
5. “Inception” (Warner Bros.)
Total gross: $292,523,000
Best quote: “Eventually, she tells me the truth that she was possessed by an idea, just one simple idea that changed everything. That our world wasn’t real and in order to get back to the reality, we’ll have to kill ourselves.” — Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio)
4. “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” (Summit Entertainment)
Total gross: $300,531,751
Best quote: “This wasn’t a choice between you and Jacob. It was between who I should be and who I am. I’ve always felt out of step. Like literally stumbling through my life. I’ve never felt normal, because I’m not normal, and I don’t wanna be. I’ve had to face death and loss and pain in your world, but I’ve also never felt stronger, like more real, more myself, because it’s my world too. It’s where I belong.” — Bella (Kristen Stewart)
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...