Top box office earners of 2010
The movies still seem to be one of the most popular entertainment choice for most Americans with a total box office $10 billion in U.S. ticket sales. Here is a look at the top 25 box office earners of 2010 with a countdown from 25 to number 1 including their best quotes.
25. “Sex and the City 2” (Warner Bros.)
Total gross $95,347,692
Best quote: “You’re on a camel in the middle of the Arabian desert. If you’re not having a hot flash, you’re dead.” — Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker)
24. “Due Date” (Warner Bros.)
Total gross: $97,555,582
Best quote: “I’m sorry I spat on your dog. I have no recollection of that.” — Peter Highman (Robert Downey Jr.)
23. “Date Night” (Fox)
Total gross: $98,711,404
Best quote: “He turned the gun sideways! That’s a kill shot!” — Phil Foster (Steve Carrell)
22. “The Expendables” (Lionsgate)
Total gross: $103,068,524
Best quote: “You look nervous.” — Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone)
21. “Robinhood” (Universal)
Total gross: $105,269,730
Best quote: “If you’re building for the future, you need to keep your foundations strong, laws of the land enslave the people to a king who demands loyalty but offers nothing in return, I’ve been to the South of France, Palestine and back, you build a kingdom the same way you build a cathedral from the ground up!” — Robin Longstride (Russell Crowe)
20. “Vanentine’s Day” (Warner Bros.)
Total gross: $110,485,654
Best quote: “My closest relationship is with my Blackberry. Thank god it vibrates!” — Kara Monahan (Jessica Biel)
19. “Jackass 3d” (Paramount)
Total gross: $116,884,168
Best quote: [dressed as Santa Claus] Santa did have a few drinks last night, so this ain’t gonna feel too good. — Johnny Knoxville
18. “Salt” (Sony Pictures)
Total gross: $118,311,368
Best quote: “Let me guess, you’re one of those people who thinks everyone is who they say they are?” Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie)
17. “The Other Guys” (Sony pictures)
Total gross: $119,219,978
Best quote: “The sound of your piss hitting the urinal, it sounds feminine. If we were in the wild, I would attack you. Even if you weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freakin eat you!” — Terry Hoitz (Mark Wahlberg)
16. “Shutter Island” (Paramount)
Total gross: $128,012,934
Best quote: “We gotta get off this rock, Chuck.” — Teddy Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio)
15. “The Last Airbender” (Paramount)
Total gross: $131,601,062
Best quote: “It was not by chance that for generations people have been searching for him, and now you have found him. Your destinies are tied, Zuko.” — Uncle Iroh (Shaun Toub)
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...