Top Irish Entertainment Stories of 2010- SEE PHOTOS
Bill O’Reilly, Jane Lynch, Conan O’Brien all feature
5. Susan Boyle breaks records with best selling albums
Proving the durability of her talent, the Scottish born singer’s success sky rocketed this year with best selling albums on both sides of the Atlantic.
After the release of her second album, “The Gift”, the 49-year-old became the first ever female artist to simultaneously hold the U.S. and UK no1 spots twice in less than 12 months.
READ MORE- Susan Boyle: first female to smash chart records both sides of Atlantic - SEE VIDEO
6. Mary Byrne
The former Tesco check-out worker made her way into homes throughout the world when her powerful voice made her a You-Tube sensation after auditioning for Simon Cowell’s British talent show “X Factor”.
Despite not winning the overall prize, the single mum from Ballyfermot walked away with a recording contract which she intends to start working on in the New Year.
7. Charlie Sheen’s bust up in New York
Not the best year for the “Two and a Half Men” star who thrashed his plush New York Plaza Hotel room after a night of drinking.
What was supposed to be a family holiday was transformed into a media circus with his Irish American escort, Christina Walsh, claimed that while in his hotel room, she feared for her life.
READ MORE- Inside story on Charlie Sheen’s porn star Christina Walsh
8. Lindsay Lohan sentenced to jail
Another bad year for the troubled child-star who served time in prison for DUI offences. After a short stint in prison the actress was sent to the Betty Forde rehab clinic for a court ordered stay. But her troubles haven’t ended there with the latest reports suggesting that a staff member is accusing her of battery.
9. Jane Lynch wins Emmy for role of Sue Slyvester
Coach Sue Slyvester is fast becoming one of “Glees’s most popular characters. The Irish American actress won an Emmy this year for her character in the hit comedy musical series.
In more good news, the star married her long-term partner Lara Embry.
10. The Rubberbandits become an Internet sensation
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- 4,000 Irish social welfare letters encourage...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Top ten worst ever Irish Christmas gifts,...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Address by Nelson Mandela to Joint Houses...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...