Top Irish Entertainment Stories of 2010- SEE PHOTOS
Bill O’Reilly, Jane Lynch, Conan O’Brien all feature
Here is a look back at some of the top entertainment stories from the past twelve months. With some people making the headlines for the wrong reasons, IrishCentral recaps on the stories that sent tongues wagging around the world.
1. Conan O’Brien lands new show!
The popular talk-show host made the dramatic move to the cable network TBS this November when his now show “Conan” premiered.
Conan left his long-time running show on NBC with a golden handshake after a shake up over the covered 11pm slot on the television network.
2. Kathy Griffin gets booed for poking fun at Bristol Palin
The red-haired comedian looked fantastic recently when she stepped onto the stage to host the “Salute the Troops concert” wearing only a camouflage bikini.
The Irish-American television personality provided many of laughs but her audience was not impressed by her jibes at Bristol Palin’s stint on “Dancing with the Stars”.
3. Death of Brittany Murphy
The death of Hollywood actress Brittany Murphy caused wide spread shock this time last year. The “Clueless” actress died from cardiac arrest at the young age of 32.
The actress’s husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack was also questioned in the new year about the suspicious circumstances surrounding her death, but six months later, he was also found dead in a the same home where the actress was discovered.
READ MORE- Brittany Murphy husband quizzed over star's death
4. Bill O’Reilly lashes out at Jennifer Anniston
The famous Fox news anchor hit out at the “Friends” star Jennifer Anniston this past summer, claiming that she was destroying the notion of parenthood in America through her new film.
In one of Anniston's film’s this year, she played a single woman seeking a sperm donor in “The Switch”. “She's throwing a message out to 12-year-olds and 13-year-olds that, 'Hey you don't need a guy. You don't need a dad,' he ranted on his FOX News show
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra