Tilda Swinton and Ciaran Hinds cast in Northern Ireland drama ‘Sisters’
An exclusive bit of news has come out of Cannes Film Festival relating to Terry Loane's upcoming movie. The filmmaker has announced that he already has Ciaran Hinds pegged for Northern Irish drama 'Sisters' while Oscar-winner Tilda Swinton is firmly in his sights.
The movie is being billed as "Dead Poet's Society" meets "Sister Act" according to the Hollywood Reporter.
"Sisters" is set in the 1960s, in West Belfast. It tells the tale of an Irish mother, feminist, activist and nun who lands at a school and changes thousands of deprived kids' lives around with her skills as a teacher.
Loane's past credits include "MickeyBoo & Me" and "Goal 2".
The magic of Irish film - Cinemagic International Film and Television Festival
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.