The new ‘Twilight? Spielberg’s Dreamworks snaps up Irish fantasy series
Blockbuster plans for ‘Fever’ series set to be filmed in Ireland
Variety magazine is reporting that the powerful Dreamworks studio, founded by Steven Spielberg, has purchased the rights to Karen Marie Moning’s ‘Fever’ series set among the fairy folk in Ireland.
The five book series tells the story of a young woman from Georgia, Mackayla Lane, who travels to Ireland to track down the murderer of her sister.
While there she encounters a world filled with ancient secrets, fairies, goblins vampires and other hard-to-kill creatures.
Dreamworks envisages the five part series as their answer to ‘Twilight’ and other vampire and fantasy franchises that have become enormously popular. The author has already said that she will seek to have the films made in Ireland
She told the Sunday Times: "When I first saw Dublin, I knew I was going to set a story there. I've long felt an inexplicable fascination with Ireland."
A summation of her most recent installment of her series states “Drawing on elements from the paranormal world that bestseller Moning (Spell of the Highlander) created in her earlier romances, this suspense novel takes readers on a darker journey, one dominated by the search for a powerful Faery magic and bereft of the romantic magic Moning’s fans have come to expect.
When MacKayla Lane, an ordinary young woman, travels to Ireland to track down her sister’s murderer, she is sucked into an extraordinary world filled with ancient secrets, vampires, assorted Fae nasties and other tough-to-kill beings. In the process, Mac learns of her own unusual talents and finds an unlikely mentor in the wealthy and mysterious Jericho Barrons.
It’s a compelling world filled with mystery and vivid characters. “
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...