The Obamas love Celtic Woman
Look out Miley Cyrus – the Obama girls, Malia and Sasha, have another favorite musical act that easily blows the "Hannah Montana" star out of the water, talent-wise.
The First Daughters are apparently big fans of the Celtic Woman group, which has proven to be a huge worldwide success since its debut a few years back. Celtic Woman, currently on a U.S. tour, provided entertainment at the big Christmas tree lighting in Washington, D.C. last month, and First Lady Michelle Obama introduced herself to one of the group members, 21-year-old Chloe Agnew.
"Michelle actually came over to say hello to Chloe and shake her hand," Agnew’s mother, an Irish entertainer who goes by the name of Twink, told the Evening Herald newspaper.
"She asked her would she come and meet her daughters because they are both enormous fans of Celtic Woman, so naturally Chloe said she would. She also met the president who said he was very taken with their group and told her they were welcome to come back and perform any time.”
That’s lavish praise indeed! Nice to know that the Obama girls have musical tastes that are more sophisticated than the usual Disney fare.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.