Susan Boyle beats out U2, Springsteen to become Amazon’s biggest pre-sales seller of all time
I hate to say I told you so yet again – but Susan Boyle made me do it.
Take a bow one more time all the Susanites out there. You really deserve it.
Amazingly, Susan Boyle just beat out Bruce Springsteen, U2, the Dixie Chicks and Coldplay over at Amazon.com.
Amazon announced today that "I Dreamed a Dream" is the largest selling CD pre-order in the history of the Amazon.com music store.
Here is the list of the top 10 bestsellers:
- Susan Boyle, "I Dreamed a Dream" (2009)
- Norah Jones, "Not Too Late" (2007)
- U2, "No Line on the Horizon" (2009)
- Bruce Springsteen, "Magic" (2007)
- Dixie Chicks, "Taking the Long Way" (2006)
- Coldplay, "Viva La Vida" (2008)
- U2, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" (2004)
- David Cook, "David Cook" (2008)
- Diana Krall, "Quiet Nights" (2009)
- Clay Aiken, "A Thousand Different Ways" (2006)
Pretty cool company to defeat for our Sensational Scottish Songstress and an example yet again of the incredible love and affection she has gained in the hearts of millions of Americans.
So all the naysayers can hang their heads once again, all the tabloid terriers who tried to pull her down and write her off as a one hit wonder will have to reinvent new clichés to describe her.
We here at IrishCentral are proud to have stood up for Susan Boyle all this time, but to tell you the truth I'm surprised at just how incredibly big this story has become.
I loved her voice, loved her story, loved her bravery ,loved her courage, but I never saw it becoming what it is now – the greatest musical story of 2009 and perhaps for the past decade.
The most unlikely star is now highest in the firmament.
But it comes back again to goodness in people's heart. They saw the extraordinary Susan Boyle in her first appearance and loved her and nothing, not even some of the most hateful characters since Genghis
Khan trying to knock her down, worked.
"We’re thrilled by how passionate Susan Boyle`s fans have been," said Craig Pape at Amazon.
“The response from our customers to Susan Boyle's upcoming album has been unprecedented. We are thrilled."
Not as thrilled as we are however.
Well done everybody.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...