Supermodel Coco Rocha raised $35,000 by Irish dancing at Artwalk Benefit - VIDEO
Rocha goes back to her roots to raise money for a good cause
Last week Coco Rocha used her award wining Irish dancing skills to pick up some extra cash for one of her many pet charities.
The Irish Canadian supermodel promised the crowds at the ArtWalk auction that she would entertainment them with her Irish dance skills. As the checks continued to land she keep her end of the bargain.
Rocha, who opened this year’s New York Fashion Week, is the face of Karl Lagerfeld, Jacob and was named Elle’s model of the year kicked off her shoes and danced. (see video below).
Coco grew up in British Columbia with her mother from Belfast and her father who was half Irish. She had quite a traditional Irish upbringing. In fact her modeling career kicked off in 2002 when she was discovered by her agent Charles Stuart. He spotted her when she was just 14, dancing at an Irish Dancing contest.
She said “if it wasn’t for Irish dancing I wouldn't be modeling.”
Here’s the video of her dancing for charity last week:
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm