Sinking CNN looks to woo Piers Morgan
In a sign of further trouble at the broadcaster, CNN has reportedly moved to entice renowned snark Piers Morgan to its team.
The broadcaster’s prime-time lineup has been suffering from the effects of decreased viewers, and the channel is reported to be desperate to do whatever it can do bring ratings back up.
Morgan, a judge on NBC's "America's Got Talent" and across the pond on "Britain's Got Talent," is a friend of Simon Cowell's and the former editor of Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper.
He became famous in the US for winning "Celebrity Apprentice". Morgan is apparently being courted to host a panel show on the station.
CNN has reportedly snatched viewers from rival news outlet Fox News and even from FNL, one of its sister companies.
A representative from CNN declined to comment on the matter, saying that it was company policy not to comment on speculation.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas