Simon Cowell is TV’s highest earner
This news may make his fellow “X Factor” judge, Irish music mogul Louis Walsh, jealous, but Simon Cowell is officially the highest earner on television.
According to Forbes, the “American Idol” judge is TV’s highest paid person in prime time, earning around $75 million from June 2008 to June 2009.
The 50-year-old snarky TV personality raked in the dough from his reality shows like “Idol,” “X Factor,” “America’s Got Talent” and “Britain’s Got Talent.” His role as a successful music producer for stars such as Susan Boyle also earned him a pretty penny in the past year.
Trailing Cowell in TV’s best paid people list are Donald Trump, who made $50 million for shows like “The Apprentice,” as well as “Idol” and “E! News” host Ryan Seacrest, who earned around $38 million.
Actors Charlie Sheen (“Two and a Half Men”) and Steve Carrell (“The Office”) round out the top 10.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.