‘Seinfield’ writer plans new sitcom based on the life of Irish American gangster ‘Whitey’ Bulger
New pilot to see Whitey portrayed as coy neighbor
A new comedy pilot involving a character based on Boston mob boss Whitey Bulger is to be produced. Twentieth Century Fox has signed a deal with writer-producer Peter Mehlman for a new comedy pilot about a young couple who get a new neighbor, none other than Whitey Bulger.
Mehlman, who worked as a senior “Seinfield” writer for seven years, said he couldn’t believe that Bulger had been living the life of a fugitive in Santa Monica for 15 years.
‘Twilight’ actor to produce movie of gangster James ‘Whitey’ Bulger’s life
Whitey Bulger's secret links to the IRA and gun running
Irish cop is credited with cracking 'Whitey' Bulger case
"I can’t imagine how many times I walked past him," Mehlman said. "They had a dog and walked it in Palisades Park. I walked [my dog] Izzy there every night at sunset. I probably saw him 50 times -- and he has 19 murders under his belt, allegedly."
The pilot will see the couple remain unaware about the true identity of their new neighbor. The former “Seinfield” writer said John Malkovich would be his dream casting for the part of Bulger.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...