Saoirse Ronan to take lead in third recent “Snow White” movie - “Order of Seven”
Last and most promising of all the retellings green lit
Mirror, mirror on the wall which is the most promising Snow White reboot of all? That would be young Irish actress Saoirse Ronan's turn in a widely imaginative variation on a classic story.
First Showing reports this week that Ronan will lead 'Order of Seven,' the Kung Fu re-telling of the classic tale that follows Olivia Sinclair, a British expatriate in 19 century Hong Kong - there to request the protection of centuries old warriors, who are not much more than a bunch of jaded outlaws (with not a dwarf in sight).
But with the return of the evil empress, Sinclair helps the former warriors reclaim their rightful destinies.
As reboots of the classic tale go this one sounds the most promising and least hokey.
The warriors are rumored to be played by well-known stars from China, Russian and Japan and production is slated to begin this in the fall. We can't wait!
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra