Saoirse Ronan: shooting ‘Hanna’ was ‘bad-ass’- SEE VIDEO & POLL
Irish actress speaks about latest role
Carlow born, Saoirse Ronan has spoke about how her latest role in which she plays an innocent young killer, in the upcoming thriller action movie.
Directed by Joe Wright ‘Hanna’ sees the Irish actress co-star with Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett.
Ronan admits she had to endure strict physical training regime including weights and knife fighting.
"It was bad-ass -- really cool," said Saoirse, speaking about playing a teenage killer trained by her ex-CIA father (Bana) from birth
"But she's kind of innocent," she added.
“Hanna” is set for release in April.
The 16-year-old was speaking at the launch of the Irish Film and Television Awards in Dublin recently.
Saoirse has been nominated for an IFTA for her role in ‘The Way Back, the Peter Weir directed film which tells the story of escapees from a Siberian gulag.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...