Russell Brand wants to marry girlfriend Katy Perry in Ireland
Russell Brand has seriously thought about marrying the love of his life Katy Perry in Ireland but not in a "poncy" castle."
Talking to reporters while in Ireland promoting his new movie "Get Him to the Greek" Brand said he would love to wed Katy in Ireland but he is not the castle type.
"That would be too poncy," he said.
"We're definitely not getting married in America and definitely not in England. Ireland is between those two countries so it could well be here," he said.
"Those countries come with a lot of hoopla and intrusion and it's meant to be a solemn union between a man and woman.
"I love this country. I've done a lot of stand-up here and I always like the Irish. We have the same sense of humour. I wouldn't marry in an Irish castle, it's too poncy, but I might in a field."
But at the end of the day it will be up to Perry he said.
"I'm not in charge of weddings, that's Katy's job," he continued.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm