Rooney Mara will play 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' in sequel
Sony rep confirms next film in trilogy will go ahead
The sequel to the 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' will go ahead, despite a mid-range box office show.
"['Dragon Tattoo'] continues to do strong business and nothing has changed with respect to development of the next book," a rep from Sony told Entertainment Weekly over the weekend.
This past weekend the Hollywood blockbuster starring Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig grossed $14.8 million in the box office.
In the lead up to the film, both Mara and Craig confirmed to reporters in New York that they were committed to prospective sequels.
Rooney Mara 'couldn't see forward' without 'Girl with a Dragon Tattoo' role - VIDEO
Irish American actress Rooney Mara steals ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’
Visit Rooney Mara's profile page on IrishCentral
Adapted from the bestselling Sweden based novels by Stieg Larsson, the second film in the series will be called “The Girl who Played with Fire”.
Last month, Mara told Entertainment Weekly she was interested in playing Lisbeth again.
“I don’t feel finished with the character,” she said. “I’m not ready to go back there yet, but I think by the time we start, I will be.”
So far “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” has grossed $60 million in the U.S.
Watch below for the “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” press conference.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'