Robert Pattinson loses out on Jeff Buckley role to ‘Spider Man’ star Reeve Carney
Broadway star set for new role
Robert Pattinson lost out of the role of Jeff Buckley to Spiderman’s Reeve Carney, it has emerged.
Pattinson has expressed an interest in playing the part of the famous singer, but lost out to the rising star of the Broadway production Spiderman: Turn out the Lights.
The producers of the untitled Buckley film had previously told E! News “Rob has expressed interest in the project and we did meet with him. There are some actors who make sense, but it’s easier to believe when it’s more of an unknown. We’re exploring all options, everyone from big name actors to newcomers to musicians.”
Buckley’s life is the topic for two new films with Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley playing the protagonist’s role for the first movie and Carney stepping in for the second part.
Robert Pattinson: Top ten ‘Twilight’ reveals from Comic Con
Top ten Robert Pattinson quotes
Robert Pattinson dropped from Jeff Buckley role - Gossip girl star Penn Badgley nabs part
Jeff’s mother Mary Guibert told E! News: “We are over the moon that Reeve has agreed to take on this challenging role”.
“He’s been getting ready for this all his life. It certainly doesn’t hurt that he looks so much like Jeff.”
The films director Jake Scott, shared Guibert’s glee: "we are excited to have found in Reeve the perfect combination of musical prodigy, impish charm, innate intelligence and sensitivity to play Jeff."
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas