Robert Pattinson confirmed for new film “The Rover”
Good news in week of hardship for “Twilight” star Pattinson
‘Twilight’ actor Robert Pattinson has been confirmed for the lead role in the upcoming modern western ‘The Rover.’
Female First reports that ‘The Rover’ was given the green light on Thursday after it received funding from Australian production company Screen Australia.
The news of Pattinson’s new project comes the same week it emerged that his longtime girlfriend Kristen Stewart was involved in a cheating scandal with her ‘Snow White and The Huntsman’ director Rupert Sanders. Pattinson and Stewart have reportedly split now amid heartbreak and humiliation.
Ruth Harley, Screen Australia's CEO, said that "’The Rover' is a powerful, well-crafted script from a talented team with an impressive cast." Pattinson will be starring alongside Guy Pearce in the film.
In ‘The Rover,’ Pattinson will play injured gang member Rey who joins forces with bitter loner played by Pearce. Together they will hunt down Rey's gang through the Australian Outback after the last of Eric's possessions are stolen.
Later this year, Pattinson will be forced to join Stewart for the opening of the final instalment of their ‘Twilight’ saga films, ‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 2’ is set to hit theaters in the fall.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm