Promo released for Gabriel Byrne History Channel drama ‘Vikings’ - VIDEO
Mini-series was filmed in Wicklow last summer
A new promo for Gabriel Byrne’s latest project ‘Vikings’ gives a snapshot into the upcomingHistory Channel drama.
The mini series charts the destructive behavior of the Vikings who conquered the their way through Europe in medieval times.
Byrne plays the role of Earl Haraldson, an experienced political leader who finds his position threatened by a young descendant of the gods named Ragnor Lothbrok, who is attempting to become Kings of the Vikings.
The 10 part series was filmed in in Ashford Studios in Ballyhenry in Co Wicklow, last summer.
Read More: Gabriel Byrne says his description of The Gathering as a ‘shakedown’ was too harsh
History Channel president and general manager Nancy Dubuc described the project as “an amazing crossroads for History embarking on our first scripted series.”
“People think they know about the Vikings -- we see references to them all the time in our popular culture from TV commercials to football teams -- but the reality is so much more fascinating and complex, more vivid, visceral and powerful than popular legend.”
She added: "We will explore the mysteries of the Vikings, the adventures they took and the people who led them. And we will start to understand a past that is very much part of our collective DNA today."
The new series will premiere on March 3 on the History Channel.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...