Post-Super Bowl show Madonna makes plans for concert in Dublin- VIDEO
July date set for Madonna show in Ireland
Madonna (53) will play Dublin in July as part of her upcoming world tour, it was announced yesterday.
The queen of pop who wowed audiences at the Super Bowl half time show last Sunday will perform for her fans in Ireland on July 24 in the Aviva Stadium, Live Nation Entertainment, the tour's international promoter announced on Tuesday. The approaching tour will kick off on May 29 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Arthur Fogel, chief executive of Live Nation Entertainment Global Touring and Madonna tour promoter said he was thrilled to announce the news.
"Madonna's track record as a world-class entertainer and touring artist speaks for itself," he said.
Bill Donohue: blame Madonna not Catholic Church
John F Kennedy Jr asked Madonna to pose as Jackie O for George magazine cover
Read more entertainment news on IrishCentral
"Her artistry, talent and creative productions get bigger and better with each tour and Madonna 2012 will be no exception."
The shows will include arenas, stadiums and special outdoor sights. This will be the first time in over 20 years the “Vogue” performer will play South America and Australia.
The first of 26 North American shows is scheduled for August 28th in Philadelphia and includes a September 6th show in NY's Yankee Stadium and an October l0th performance at LA's Staples Center.
Tickets are set to go on sale on Friday February 17.
Watch Madonna’s half time Super Bowl show below:
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Cork mother grieves for husband, son and...