One Direction wisdom: Top ten Niall Horan quotes
Niall Horan on his fans, love life, and rise to stardom
As One Direction continue their whirlwind first headline tour of the US, we have found some of Niall Horan’s best quotes to keep his devoted fans entertained. The only Irish member of the hit boy band, the Mullingar teenager was picked from thousands of lucky hopefuls during the 2010 X-Factor auditions in Dublin. Here are just a few of his quality one liners.
1. On his over excited female fans: he told Digital Spy: “You can see girls getting too excited and they start crying or worse. In a lot of these countries they don't get a lot of gigs to go to, so when they get to see their favorite artist they take full advantage of it. Obviously the excitement builds up too much for some on the night and they get a bit...crazy."
2. On his political influences: “I was starstruck by Michelle Obama. She's an amazing-looking lady, and I'm a massive Barack Obama fan anyway.”
3. On his crush on Katy Perry: “Katy Perry still gets me every time. She's very funny in person! We met at the Teen Choice Awards and she pulled my cheeks apart and told me how cute I was. My life was literally flashing before my eyes!"
4. On dating: “I'm an emotional guy, so I don't have to worry about a girl trying to get me to open up.”
5. On his rise to stardom his told Metro Lyrics: “Every now and then you have like a realization moment where you get goosebumps and think, “I am literally the luckiest person in the world.”
6. On playing music growing up: “I played the guitar since I was like 11, 12, so I’m big on the guitar. I like to write music on it.”
7. On his musical influences: “When I was growing up, I was a big Swing [music] fan, so I’m big into Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and nowadays it’s [Michael] Buble. Buble is a big inspiration for me because he has a great voice, can write a song, has a great ear for music, and demands your attention when he’s performing.”
8. On what it’s like being compared to Take That, N’Sync and The Backstreet Boys: “It’s absolutely incredible to even be put in the same sentence as these guys. These guys have sold an endless amount of albums. Hopefully we can emulate a tiny bit of their success because if we were to get anywhere near that it would be a very big achievement.”
9. On One Direction fans: “I think our fans are a bit like us — they’re very fun, like to have a laugh, like to party. I think that’s what comes across on our album as well. It’s very fun. It’s music that you could play at a party, but it also deals with teenage relationships.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas