New biography reveals what a handful Prince William could be - called Bob Geldof “dirty”
The young handsome Prince was a bit of a handful
Britain's Prince William might be perfectly poised now as he reaches his 30th birthday, but back when he was a child he was a right royal handful at times, this according to a new biography to be published this week in the U.K. by royal scribe Penny Junor.
Titled Prince William: Born to be King: An Intimate Portrait, Junor recalled one amusing incident during William’s youth when he interrupted a meeting his father Prince Charles was having with Irish musician and humanitarian Bob Geldof. Wills was apparently none too pleased with the company his dad was keeping.
“Once, William barged into a meeting his father was having with the habitually disheveled musician Bob Geldof,” Junor writes. (It’s true that most days Geldof looks like he rolled out of bed and straight out the door.)
“‘Why do you have to talk to that man?’ (William) demanded. ‘Because we have work to do,’ said his father.
“‘He’s all dirty,’ said William.”
Geldof apparently lost his cool with the cheeky child.
“‘Shut up, you horrible boy,’ said Geldof,” Junor wrote.
“‘He’s got scruffy hair and wet shoes,’ said William, undeterred. ‘Don’t be rude,’ said Charles, mortified.”
Though Wills and Geldof have likely met since those childhood days, the Irish philanthropist is still friendly with Charles and his wife Camilla Parker Bowles.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas