Michael Fassbender’s a spectacular creature - set to star in “Twelve Years a Slave” with Brad Pitt
Fassbender to work with A-Lister Brad Pitt on new project
One of the big end of 2013 film releases, Twelve Years a Slave, stars Brad Pitt and Irish/German actor Michael Fassbender, who supposedly speaks in a pretty cool U.S. Southern accent for the part.
Fassbender, who recently finished shooting the indie flick Frank with Maggie Gyllenhaal in Ireland, received rave reviews from his other Slave co-star Sarah Paulson last week. She told Vanity Fair magazine that the Co. Kerry-raised actor, who just turned 36, is a “spectacular creature,” something his many female fans have known since seeing him disrobe in Shame a couple of years ago!
“I play Michael Fassbender’s wife in the movie,” she said. “He’s really the most spectacular creature. That was a pretty amazing job.
“I play a very horrible, racist woman, but I think the movie is going to be very powerful. I feel very proud to be a part of it. Steve McQueen is a genius, a really special filmmaker.”
The film is set for release on December 27, just in time for Oscar consideration, and brings to life autobiography of Solomon Northup, a black man born and raised in New York during the mid-1800s who is kidnapped and sold into slavery in the deep South. Fassbender plays the slave owner who rules Northup’s life for 12 years.
Fassbender and British director McQueen have had great success together in the past. McQueen wrote and directed Shame, which received plenty of critical kudos but was snubbed by perhaps a prudish Oscar membership that didn’t appreciate Fassbender’s all-out nudity.
They also teamed for the 2008 film Hunger which focused on the Irish hunger strikes. Fassbender played Bobby Sands, the first striker who died in 1981.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.