Michael Fassbender 'perfect choice' to play next Batman, poll says
Kerry-born actor gets thumbs-up to replace Christian Bale in Dark Knight role
Versatile actor Michael Fassbender has been voted an ideal candidate to play Batman on the big screen.
Comic readers have given an overwhelming thumbs-up on an online poll for the Kerry-born A-lister to play the Dark Knight in the next Batman movie.
Followers of 'Comic Book Resources', a website dedicated to the coverage of comic-book related news and discussion, were asked if they thought the IFTA-winning actor would be the best candidate to play the famous superhero.
More than half of those polled were enthusiastic, with 20 per cent saying Fassbender would be a "perfect choice", 12 per cent describing him as a "great choice" and 24 per cent agreeing he was a "good choice."
However, 20 per cent described him as a "bad choice", with 16 per cent of comic book readers suggesting he was a "horrible choice." A further eight per cent said he would be "ok" as the caped crusader.
One browser said the 36-year-old Shame star was too old for the role, adding: "I personally think Fassbender could work, but he's probably too old in the eyes of the studio execs.
"They'll want someone who's young enough to milk another potential trilogy out of over the next 6-8 (stet) years."
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...