Michael Fassbender to star with Carey Mulligan in New York movie about sex
Fassbender and Mulligan team up for new flick
Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan are set to star in a movie called “Shame”. The movie centers around Fassbender’s character who is unable to control his sex life.
Kerry man Michael Fassbender and writer and director Steve McQueen, who worked together on “Hunger” are to be re-united in January 2011 on the set of a new project “Shame” in New York City.
“Shame” has been written by Steve McQueen and Abi Morgan (“Royal Wedding” and will center around Fassbender’s character, Brandon, his sexual escapades and what happens when his younger sister moves in with him. James Badge Dale, from “The Departed” will also star.
The movie will shoot in New York for six weeks starting in January. The project will be worked on cinematographer Sean Bobbit, who worked on “Hunger” with Fassbender and McQueen.
McQueen’s 2008 hit, “Hunger” starred Fassbender as Irish republican hunger striker Bobby Sands. It led to McQueen being crowned Most Promising Newcomer at the 2009 BAFTAs. The feature clocked up a further 32 wins including the Cannes’ Golden Camera award; six Irish Film and Television Awards.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.