Louis CK has media all abuzz - comedian selling tickets directly to his fans and casting a black mom to his kids - VIDEO
Season 3 of ‘Louie’ premieres this week
Comedian Louis CK has gone sharply against convention with his decisions to eliminate the “middle-man” from ticket sales, and to cast a black mother to his “extremely white” children on his FX series ‘Louie.’
Rolling Stone magazine reports that Louis CK announced the crowd-pleasing move of a flat-rate $45 ticket price for his shows via an email to his fans. In the email, the comedian wrote “Making my shows affordable has always been my goal but two things have always worked against that. High ticket charges and ticket re-sellers marking up the prices.”
"Some ticketing services charge more than 40% over the ticket price and, ironically, the lower I've made my ticket prices, the more scalpers have bought them up, so the more fans have paid for a lot of my tickets.
"By selling the tickets exclusively on my site, I've cut the ticket charges way down and absorbed them into the ticket price. To buy a ticket, you join NOTHING. Just use your credit card and buy the damn thing."
The comedian also popped up in the news when he revealed on the Jimmy Kimmel show on ABC that he’s cast a black woman to play the mother of his two “extremely white” daughters on his FX hit show ‘Louie.’
Said the comedian while chatting Kimmel: “If the character works for the show, I don't care about the racial.”
He added that line delivery was equally as important. “When a black woman tells you to get a job, it's just more ... " CK said with a laugh.
The actress’s name has yet to be released. The third season of FX’s ‘Louie,’ in which Louis C.K. stars, directs and writes, will premiere this Thursday at 10:30pm.
Watch Louis CK on Jimmy Kimmel here:
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...