Jonathan Rhys Meyers hospitalized after suicide attempt - VIDEOS
Actor initially refused all medical care
Jonathan Rhys Meyers, leading star of "The Tudors" was found on Tuesday night slumped on the floor in his £3million home, according to People Magazine, The Irish actor has been battling an alcohol addition problem and he reportedly attempted to overdose on medications.
A Scotland Yard spokesman confirmed that they “were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in NW8 to report to a man refusing treatment. Police attended, and the man was taken by ambulance to a central London hospital. That was the end of our involvement."
Rhys, however, refused treatment. The paramedics then had to call the police to his home in Maida Vale, Central London after his refusal lasted for more than 30 minutes. A insider claimed that “It was the opinion of those present that he tried to take his life," according to the Sun.
Meyers, 33, was released from the hospital yesterday morning. So far the actor has taken part in five different rehabilitation programs for his drinking.
Those close to him, however, continue to remain hopeful for their friend: "Jonathan is a lovely guy. You see him all the time in the street. He says hello and is very pleasant. I hope he is fine."
Jonathan Rhys Meyers checked back into rehab with the shakes
Tudors' star Jonathan Rhys Meyers finised his fourth stint in rehab
Tudor’s star Jonathan Rhys Meyers sued by airline staff for drunken verbal abuse
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan