Joely Richardson speaks about the death of her sister, Liam Neeson's wife, Natasha
"Nip/Tuck" actress says her death was "life-changing"
The Nip/Tuck’ actress – whose older sibling tragically died following a skiing accident in 2009 – admitted she wasn’t aware of how much of a “touchstone” Natasha was until she passed away, as the loss “smashed” her family apart.
Joely – the daughter of legendary star Vanessa Redgrave – said: “Everything in our family had smashed to the ground and, for a little bit, the pieces just lay there, broken.
“I’m tempted to say her death was life-changing. That’s such a weird juxtaposition, but in every sense it was. I hadn’t known a day without her, but at the same time I was unaware of how much she was my touchstone until she wasn’t there.
More stories on Natasha Richardson from IrishCentral
“All the dreams you have, the common language, the shared history. Everything was leveled when she left us.”
However, Joely explained she is struggling to come to terms with her sister’s death because all she can see is “endings”.
She added in an interview with The Sunday Times Magazine: “She always had my back. She was the most alive person anyone had ever met.
“If you lose people when you’re young, you know there’s so much ahead. There’s regeneration. If you lose people in middle age, all you see is endings.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas