Jessica Simpson has been handpicked by Michelle Obama to sing for the families of US troops
The singer-and-actress was asked by the US First Lady – the wife of President Barack Obama - to perform on Wednesday at Coors Field in Denver, Colorado, and admits it’s a “huge honour”.
She told UsMagazine.com: "The First Lady asked me to sing for the troops. That's a huge honour for me. Just to be there and show my support and say thank you."'
Jessica’s performance is just one of event taking place as part of Michelle and Dr. Jill Biden's initiative to honour America's service members.
During the national two-day tour, the women will travel to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, San Antonio, Texas, Denver and Columbus, Ohio, to "highlight the work of Americans who have answered the call to serve our military families to showcase ways all Americans can serve them, from teachers and business leaders, to neighbours and volunteers".
This is not the first time Jessica has shown her support for the troops.
Last year, she performed for sailors on board the USS Harry S. Truman in the Persian Gulf.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas