Ireland sends 'magnificent 7' movies to Tribeca Film Festival
Colin Farell one of the main attractions in 'Ondine'
The seven movies are: "Cairo Time", "The Crush", "My Brothers," "Ondine", "The Pool", "Snap" and "Zonad".
"Snap" from debut feature director and writer, Carmel Winters and "My Brothers" directed by Paul Fraser, will hold their wold premier in New York.
Both features will screen alongside ten other films as part of the festival’s World Narrative Competition which saw over 5,055 submissions.
"Snap" is a psychological drama about three generations of a family poised to repeat the mistakes of the past.
"My Brothers" looks at a road trip undertaken by brothers in a bid to replace their dying father’s prized wristwatch.
Both movies were chosen alongside ten others as part of the festival's World Narrative Competition.
The festival received over 5,055 submission for this category.
"Ondine" is a modern alternative fairytale sees a fisherman pull ashore a mysterious woman in his fishing net.
"Zonad" will feature in the Cinemania section of the festival.
"Zonad" examines the arrival of questionable alien in a small Irish town.
In the Narrative Short movie category, Thomas Heffernon will screen his movie "The Pool" - also a word premiere- for audiences.
The film explores the story of three teenage boys who break into their school. "The Pool" will compete against another Irish movie, "The Crush."
This short movie details a fight for Miss Purdy’s affections between her boyfriend and a 2nd grade student called Ardal.
"Cario Time" will be shown in the Feature Narrative program of the festival.
The movie explores a cross-cultural love story where a husband and wife become separated in Cairo. The movie is produced by famed producer, David Collins, who shot to fame with Oscar winning movie "Once." -
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...