“Ireland Unbridled” – a coast-to-coast exploration of the horse world in the Emerald Isle
Susan Kayne, Rachel Carter and Victoria Kohan go coast-to-coast looking at everything equine - VIDEO
“Ireland Unbridled” is set to premiere on HRTV, the Network for Horse Sports on Monday evening.
The 16-part weekly series, hosted by Susan Kayne, chronicles the adventures of Susan, her daughter, Rachel Carter, and horse enthusiast, Victoria Kohan, in a coast-to-coast journey to experience the best of everything equine on the Emerald Isle.
Each episode of “Ireland Unbridled” will bring viewers intimate conversations with Ireland’s most accomplished and fascinating horse people. As the trio travels through Ireland, viewers are treated to breathtaking landscapes from horseback, architectural wonders built for the love of horses, and an inside look at Ireland’s biggest equine events. The series showcases a wide-range of horse activities from racing at Galway to trekking the hills of Connaught to cross country gallops to World Cup show jumping… all to create an unforgettable tour of “The Land of the Horse”.
“In addition to showing-off the raw magnificence of Ireland’s landscapes and incredible horses, I am most excited about delivering to viewers the depth of horse sense our guests share,” said Kayne.
“The Irish offer insightful horse care and riding tips, gleaned over generations that viewers can take straight to the stable to make their own life with their beloved horses even better.”
Monday's premiere takes place at Ireland’s biggest equestrian festival, the Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show, a venue that draws over 100,000 visitors. Britain’s high jumping master Nick Skelton and America’s Dream Team, USA show jumping stars Beezie Madden, Laura Kraut, Kimberly Prince, and Jeffrey Welles kick-off the series debut.
"The premiere of a wonderful series like “Ireland Unbridled”further expands HRTV's commitment to provide outstanding equestrian programming from around the world," said HRTV's Dotty Ewing. "With the recent airing of the World Horse Festival from Aachen, Germany for the fourth consecutive year, we know our viewers are interested in, and appreciate, horse sports from many countries. This series will find a welcoming audience on both HRTV and HRTV.com."
“Ireland Unbridled” was mastered at rockin’ horse productions (r’hp) in New York’s Hudson Valley. The series is sponsored by Tourism Ireland. Learn more about Tourism Ireland at www.DiscoverIreland.com
Here’s a list of “Ireland Unbridled” 16 episodes:
1. Galway Summer Racing Festival: Celebrate Ladies Day and meet Ireland’s top Trainers, Jockeys, Officials, and Dignitaries.
2. Stars of the Irish Turf: Get to know the rising stars of the Irish Turf at the Galway Racing Festival. In-depth interviews with trainers, jockeys, and head sponsor Guinness.
3. The World’s Oldest Trail Ride: See the rugged beauty of Ireland’s wild west coast from horseback with Susan, Victoria, and Rachel guided by the legendary Willie Leahy.
4. Clonshire Equestrian Center: Sit in on a private riding lesson with Head Instructor Sue Foley as she teaches Susan, Victoria, and Rachel in her confidence building Irish style.
5. Crossogue House: A Family History: Meet Mark Molloy and tour his home and horse property of five generations which draws students from all over the world to learn horsemanship skills.
6. Irish National Stud: Walk the historic grounds of the Irish National Stud in County Kildare and meet the stallions in residence.
7. Life on the Curragh: Experience a morning with trainer James P. Burns, son of the legendary champion jockey TP Burns, and meet his favorite horses.
8. Equine Education in Ireland: Tour the Racing Academy and Irish School of Farriery and find out why they are turning out top jockeys and farriers all over the world.
9. Saddle Making: See the complex process of how a world-famous Berney Brothers Saddle is made in a step-by-step tutorial with Tom Berney, great-grandson of the founder.
10. Luxurious Riding in Ireland: Experience the beauty of the Mount Juliet Estate from the saddle and learn the nuances of cross-country jumping from trainer Eleanor Dwan at the Iris Kellet Equestrian Centre.
11. Ballylinch Stud: See the home of “The Tetrarch” in a guided tour of the iconic property with Managing Director John O’Connor.
12. Team USA at the Dublin Horse Show: Iinterviews with American show jumping stars Beezie Madden, Laura Kraut, Kimberly Prince, and Jeffrey Welles on tour.
13. The Dublin Horse Show: Meet Ireland’s most notable horse people: Olympic bronze medalist Cian O’Connor, actor Devon Murray, and Edward Doyle, the breeder of 2012 World Cup Champion Flexible.
14. Riding Ireland: Experience four different venues for riding on the Emerald Isle from trekking trails to classic show ring equitation to luxurious bridle paths and cross country adventures.
15. Horses of Ireland: Learn about native Irish equine breeds that have carried the name of Ireland throughout the world in victory.
16. The Irish Riding in America: A profile of Irish Horsemen and Women making their mark in horse sports in the United States.
“Ireland Unbridled” will air on HRTV, the Network for Horse Sports on Monday, 17th September 9:30 pm ET / 6:30 pm PT.
Here’s a promo for the show:
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Irish people in UK 'less likely to identify...