'Glee’ star Lea Michel wants show to come to Dublin and feature the Cranberries
Star singer is a huge fan of Irish singers' haunting vocals
Lea Michele, one of the main actors (and singers) in the mega-hit TV series Glee, told the press this week she would love to film an episode of the hot show on streets of Dublin - and she would like the Irish rockers The Cranberries to co-star in it.
Lea, 24, who plays teen powerhouse Rachel on the show, told the Irish Herald she is a massive fan of Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan. Then Lea expressed her sincere hope the Limerick born singer would consider following the lead of Gwyneth Paltrow to make a cameo appearance on the hit series.
‘Glee’ creator Ryan Murphy has got engaged - but will not reveal the lucky man's name
‘Glee’s’ Jane Lynch rips into ‘The Daily’, Fox News, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck - VIDEO
Gwyneth Paltrow loves Guinness - 'Glee' star has a pint before performing
Having visited Dublin with her Glee co-stars last month, the young actress admitted that it would be a dream come true for her to shoot on location in Ireland.
'Well actually, I'd love to have The Cranberries,' she said when asked who she would like to see come after Gwyneth. 'Oh my God, I was obsessed with them. I know people expect me to say Liza Minnelli and Barbra Streisand, and don't get me wrong, I adore them, but how cool would it be to have New Directions singing Zombie. Dolores' voice is so haunting, she gives me chills. Maybe we could even have the band on the show. It could be filmed in Dublin for an episode special.'
'Not that I have any sway in that department at all, but after visiting with my family a few years back and doing the Glee shows there I might push as hard as I can to make it happen,' she added.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...