'Glee’ celebs full of praise for Damian McGinty
Derry dazzler about to take it to the next level
Derry dazzler Damian McGinty is about to get a whole lot more famous. Already on set to film his starring role in the Fox hit show Glee his fellow stars have taken to Twitter to welcome him aboard.
The 18-year-old singer will appear in the third season of the show after beating over 40,000 other young performers in the Glee Project. McGinty is currently filming his scenes as Irish exchange student Rory.
Damian McGinty wins the Glee Project - Shock as he thought he'd lost, only to be told he'd won - VIDEOS
'Glee Project' finalist Damian McGinty - photo gallery
An apology to ‘Glee Project’s’ Damian McGinty from his No. 1 fan - VIDEOS
"Such an incredible day - met incredible people, worked with incredible people, excited for the future," he gushed on his Twitter account.
Fellow Glee cast members Cory Monteith and Lea Michele, who play Finn and Rachel in the show, were impressed.
"It's been so much fun working with our Glee Project winners," Lea Twittered. "Damian was so sweet the other day!He may be one of the sweetest people ever! So happy to have him in our family!"
Monteith revealed that he had shot a great scene with McGinty and added season three was "lookin gooooood."
McGinty is scheduled to become a regular cast member from the fourth episode where he will be introduced as a foreign exchange student living with cheerleader Brittany.
"She of course believes him to be a leprechaun with magical powers," creator Ryan Murphy said.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...