Evanna Lynch and other ‘Harry Potter’ stars attend Universal convention
Muggles and Wizards come together for another convention to celebrate the series
For the second year in a row, die-hard fans of the “Harry Potter” series will have the opportunity to gather at LeakyCon 2011 along with special appearances from some of the loved series’ actors.
Irish actress Evanna Lynch who plays Luna Lovegood, and Chris Rankin who plays Percy Weasley are some of the biggest names that will be present at the event.
LeakyCon is taking place at Orlando, Florida July 13-17 and is set to be expecting 3,400 fans, costing $200 per registration.
“It’s a Harry Potter convention, mass movie viewing, park attending and general gathering put on by the Leaky News section of the authoritative All Things Potter site, The Leaky Cauldron,” reported the Orlando Sentinel.
“I’m so excited to be attending LeakyCon 2011 and spending the weekend with some of
the world’s biggest Harry Potter fans,” Lynch said. “Especially as I am one of them!”
Evanna Lynch says she broke down on final Harry Potter set - VIDEO
‘Harry Potter’ star Fiona Shaw to star in HBO’s ‘True Blood’
LeakyCon 2011 takes place at the Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando, FL,
with the Potter phenomenon’s most passionate fans and many charities will benefit from the profits.
“This is a once-in-a-lifetime event for fans: a true celebration that gives the Harry Potter
community one last, great party,” said Melissa Anelli, the conference’s organizer.
“LeakyCon is the culmination of almost a decade and a half of community and charity,
and aims to honor both.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.