Ellen DeGeneres and Randy Jackson are hosting a star-studded gala to help Brad Pitt's charity
Sheryl Crow, Rihanna and Seal will also perform at the "Make it Right" event
The the Irish American talk show host and the 'American Idol' judge are teaming up for the $1,000-per-ticket event on March 10 to raise funds for the actor's Make It Right home rebuilding effort.
The 'A Night to Make It Right' gala will be attended by Brad and will include performances by singers Sheryl Crow, Rihanna and Seal.
Brad launched Make It Right in 2007 to help Lower 9th Ward residents who lost their homes during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. The Lower 9th Ward was one of the hardest-hit neighbourhoods and the 'Moneyball' star has worked with architects to come up with designs for stronger, safer and more energy-efficient houses than the ones residents lost.
Northern Lights and earthquakes cause ructions in County Donegal – VIDEO
So far, 75 homes have been built, six more are under construction and construction is set to begin on eight others in the coming months.
Foundation spokeswoman Taylor Royle said of the event: "Our goal is 150 houses, and this fundraiser is going to help us reach that goal.
"It's been a long road to get these families home. But we're happy with our progress, and we're looking forward to celebrating the progress we've made."
Ellen, a New Orleans native, has already donated more than $2 million to Make It Right and Taylor said: "She's been one of our biggest supporters."
The gala will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in New Orleans.
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm