Dubliner Sarah Bolger cast in US equivalent to ‘Downton Abbey’ - ‘The Gilded Lillys’
Bolger to play Violet Lilly in period drama
Dublin born actress Sarah Bolger is set to take on a role in ‘The Gilded Lillys,’ a period drama that focuses on the wealthy Lilly family of New York City in 1895. Produced by ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ producer Shonda Rhimes, ‘The Gilded Lillys’ is projected to be the American response to British period drama and international hit ‘Downton Abbey.’
The Daily Mail writes that 20-year-old Bolger first achieved fame in her role in Jim Sheridan’s 2002 film ‘In America.’ More recently, she has featured on Showtime’s series, ‘The Tudors’ alongside other Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers.
Miss Piggy grills Michael Fassbender over his naughty 'Shame' scenes- VIDEO
In ‘The Gilded Lillys,’ Bolger will be working alongside Gwenyth Paltrow’s mother, Blythe Danner, who will be playing Bolger’s grandmother. The series will follow the Lillys, who owned the first luxury hotel in New York City, as well as the hotel’s patrons and staff.
Despite rising to fame at the tender age of 11, Bolger has successfully steered clear of the downfall so many young stars face in Hollywood. She attributes her avoidance of trouble to her parents, who don’t drink, but fostered a healthy relationship with their daughter.
Bolger last appeared on the big screen in the film ‘The Moth Diaries,’ and is set to appear in the upcoming psychological thriller ‘Crush.’
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...