Celtic Woman dance with the stars!
Irish super-group Celtic Woman made a special appearance on ABC’s TV sensation “Dancing with the Stars” last night.
The international phenomenon, which was named #1 Top World Music Artist by Billboard magazine, performed one of their favorites, Brendan Graham’s classic, “You Raise Me Up.”
And by all accounts, the ladies did a fantastic job - with star Chloe Agnew standing out.
Celtic Woman is not the first Irish guest to the hit American show, in which celebrities face off in choreographed dance routines evaluated by ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba. Last year, Michael Flatley was a popular guest judge, and performed a dance from his show, “Feet of Flames.”
Celtic Woman, which includes Chloë Agnew, Lynn Hilary, Lisa Kelly, Alex Sharpe and Celtic violinist, Máiréad Nesbitt, stops by “Dancing” in the middle of their 73-city U.S. “Isle of Hope” tour, which wraps up on July 2. The group plays to sold-out crowds and is regularly greeted with standing ovations.
The ladies have worked the American scene since their arrival. They’ve already made an appearance on NBC’s “Today Show” and rang the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange.
In their “Isle of Hope” tour, the much-loved Irish group plays a winning combination of Irish standards, well-known fan favorites and new music of their own.
Much like their male counterpart, Celtic Thunder, Celtic Woman appeals to audiences of all ages with their PBS TV specials and dynamic live performances. Their latest album is entitled “The Greatest Journey,” and their CDs and DVDs have gone platinum in the U.S. and South Africa, and have gone gold as far afield as Australia and Japan.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas